I recently earned my SRS designation with the National Association of Realtors (NAR). A SRS designation means that I have taken the courses and provided enough past history of client relationships to earn the title of a “Seller Representative Specialist” or SRS in short. There are many reasons that a seller should list their home with an agent that not only cares about their best interest but has the knowledge to implement that in the current market conditions. Here are some bullet points;
- members of an elite group of trained seller advocates
- concentrate our efforts to ensure you the seller are at the center of the sale
- understand that negotiation skills are critical to the success of your transaction
- adhere to the highest level of professional ethics and business practices
- uniquely qualified to exceed your expectations and yield your trust
- have an advanced level of understanding on how to collaborate with a variety of cooperating agents of all skill levels to ensure that the ‘best’ buyer has an opportunity to purchase your home.
There are several ways to hire an agent to represent you in the sale of your house. The most common is an Exclusive Right to Sell which can be marketed in two ways;
- First the listing is held as and “office exclusive” where they do not invite cooperating brokers and the exposure is limited to the listing agents marketing efforts.
- In the second scenario the listing is shared through the Multiple Listing Service where the listing agent invites cooperating agents from all the MLS offices to participate in the efforts to find a buyer for your home. In this case the listing agent communicates with the cooperating agents while you deal directly and only with your agent. The listing agent has a fiduciary responsibility to work in the best interest of the seller.
If you are selling your house, it is beneficial to have your home marketed and exposed to every potential buyer. The best possible outcome for a seller when presenting their home for sale is to have multiple offers from which to choose. They should then utilize the skill of their Realtor® to help review which is the best and highest terms for you. This is why you hire a professional Realtor ®, it definitely makes a difference.
Give me a call when you are ready to sell your home. I have my E-Pro Certification AND my SRS Designation and I have your best interest at heart.